We’re committed to supporting you in this role as outlined in this policy.
In your role we will:
- Treat you fairly and with respect.
- Support you to make the biggest positive difference in your role.
- Provide you with the necessary materials to carry out your role on-the-day
- Ensure volunteering is safe and effective, in line with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Provide you with a member of staff, who will act as your primary contact on the day of the event.
- Reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket expenses in line with arrangements for this event.
- Resolve any complaints promptly and fairly.
- Recognise your volunteering commitment and thank you for your support.
We expect that you will:
- Support and respect the values, guidelines and ways of operating communicated to you as part of the Dementia Revolution campaign.
- Act responsibly and within the law, considering and upholding Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK’s good reputation in your actions and conduct.
- Keep up-to-date with any information shared with you relevant to my role.
- Operate in partnership with other volunteers, staff and the general public; respecting the confidentiality of those you volunteer alongside.
- Carry out your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
- Keep Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK informed about any changes in personal circumstances which may affect your volunteering at this event.
- Maintain and uphold the good name of Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK and be a good ambassador when conveying the aims of this campaign to the general public.
We are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and safe volunteering environment, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We seek to remove any barriers to inclusion where possible. Our aim is to ensure that all volunteers - regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion or belief, social status or political opinion - are treated fairly.
Whether during sign-up or on the event day, we hope you feel well supported in your role. We are committed to regularly communicating important information to you, to help you volunteer to the best of your ability. If you have any concerns about your role and/or volunteering experience, then we encourage you to contact us on the details provided. We endeavour to deal sensitively with all concerns raised, resolving issues informallywhere possible, or seeking a formal resolution where necessary.
Our hope is that all volunteers will feel valued and respect, with a sense of satisfaction, empowerment and positive engagement resulting from their volunteering experience. You will be celebrated and thanked by staff for the role you play in supporting the Dementia Revolution.
Volunteers are covered under the terms of the Employers and Public Liability Insurance arranged by both Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK whilst acting on their behalf only for the duration of the event. However, personal belongings are not covered, so please be advised that you remain responsible for any personal items for the duration of your volunteering. We are committed to making all volunteers aware of health and safety considerations prior to the event, and to their own responsibilities for health and safety. All hazards or accidents should be reported immediately in line with the guidance given.
It is our intent that volunteers should not be out-of-pocket because of their volunteering. Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed (of up to £30 for travel and up to £5 for lunch) in line with the arrangements clearly detailed on the Dementia Revolution website.