Charity place runners
- DR has a limited number of places for the VMLM19, therefore no guarantees can be given that your application will be successful. We receive far more applications than we have available event places, so unfortunately not everyone who applies will be given a place.
- Your application will be reviewed by the DR team and you may be contacted to discuss your application by email, or phone. You will be informed of the status of your application by the end of October/early November 2018.
- We reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so.
- You must pay £100 registration fee within three weeks of being offered a place in the VMLM19. If we don’t receive payment by this date we reserve the right to cancel your place and offer it to someone else.
- If your application is successful and you pay your registration fee (£100) we will ensure that your place is reserved for the VMLM19. You will be required to complete your registration on the entry registration system for the event. Further details will be provided closer to the event date. If you do not complete the VMLM19 registration system you will lose your place and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- On receipt of payment of the registration fee you will be sent a Dementia Revolution welcome pack including your vest/t-shirt and fundraising pack. The DR fundraising team is here to help. We will provide advice and support to help you with your fundraising and to achieve your minimum target.
- The places in the VMLM require an investment from AS and ARUK therefore by applying for a DR charity place you agree to meet the minimum pledge of £2000 (excluding registration fee and gift aid).
- All monies raised in connection with the VMLM19 must be paid to AS or ARUK within 6 weeks of the event date. If a deficit to the minimum sponsorship amount remains at this point you may be asked to pay the difference to the DR.
- If your application is successful you will also be required to sign up to, and comply with, the Virgin Money London Marathon event rules and/or terms and conditions. Please note that ARUK and AS are not responsible for the organisation or management of the event and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in or in connection with the event.
- You acknowledge that AS and ARUK may incur costs as a result of you joining the Dementia Revolution (e.g. cost of producing and sending fundraising pack/vests/t-shirts). The objective is to raise as much money as possible for the Dementia Revolution.
- In the event of injury, or if you can no longer take part in the event we regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised.
- Funds raised through the campaign will support Alzheimer’s Society and Alzheimer’s Research UK’s commitment to the UK Dementia Research Institute.
- Any images, video, audio and quotes we collect from you during the course of your VMLM19 journey may be used by AS or ARUK in future marketing materials.
- You must be 18 years old or over on the event day. It is your responsibility to ensure your fitness to take part in the event.
- You can terminate your place with us at any point by calling firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 347 67 094, no fee will be payable to AS, ARUK or the DR. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised.
- All monies raised in connection with the VMLM19 must be paid to AS or ARUK within 6 weeks of the event date
- We have strived to ensure that the information provided is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. However any information provided by AS, ARUK, DR or any third parties should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice. We are not responsible for errors or omission in the information provided or any actions resulting from the use of such information, and makes no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied in relation to this information. Use of the information provided is voluntary.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 020 347 67 094 , or email email@example.com