Betting on a ballot spot?
If you applied for a ballot place for the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon, you’ll be hearing in October whether you secured a place to run for the Dementia Revolution. When the ballot places are announced, we’ll be in touch!
Securing a charity place
If you've missed out on a ballot place or want to hedge your bets, then apply for a charity place to run for the Dementia Revolution.
- Charity place application deadline: 18 October 2018.
- Notification of charity place: 8 November 2018.
The lead up to race day
Once you've secured your place in the Dementia Revolution, there are some key dates you simply cannot miss!
Training days: Saturday 12 January to Saturday 26 January 2019
Get race day ready by attending one of our motivating training days. Here you’ll get to meet our other inspirational revolutionaries who will be joining you on the start line in April, along with our brilliant Dementia Revolution Team.
At these exclusive training days you will:
- Hear talks from RunningWithUs coaches, including sessions lead by Nick Anderson, the current England Athletics coach and manager of GB squads for events such as the World Half Marathon Championships. You'll get some great tips on how to train in a busy world, how to avoid those niggling injuries and advice on your training diet.
- Get up off your seat for a practical session to learn how to warm up effectively, the correct running technique and the benefits of threshold running.
- Listen to tips for smashing your fundraising target.
Please find details of the dates and locations below:
- Rooms on Regent’s Park - Saturday 12 January 2019
- Rooms on Regent’s Park - Saturday 19 January 2019
- The Whitworth - Saturday 26 January 2019
To join our training days please complete the registration form before Sunday 6th January!
The Expo: Wednesday 24 to Saturday 27 April 2019
You have four days to head to The Virgin Money London Marathon Expo to collect your number, timing tag and kitbag and get caught up in all the excitement of the marathon.
Plus, the Dementia Revolution Team will be at stand 19, ready and waiting to meet you. They’ll be there to give you any last-minute motivation and answer any questions you may have – so make sure to go and say hi!
Virgin Money London Marathon: Sunday 28 April 2019
The Dementia Revolution is here. Whether you’re running for the Dementia Revolution, or there to cheer someone on, we will all be standing together on this day to end dementia.
It’s going to be an incredible moment in history that will transform lives. We’re so grateful for your support.